A number of years ago, I wrote a program to extract the right subset of bib entries for a tex file from a huge bibtex file.
Today I received the following email from Dr. Florian Kluge of Universität Augsburg, Institut für Informatik:
Dear Professor Zhang,
Some years ago I found your extractbib.pl script – it was a great alleviation
for me. Thank you for the gread work!
In the meantime, my requirements changed a bit, and thus I extended the script
to able to handle multiple .tex and .bib file.
I attached the extended version to this mail, please use/distribute it if you
This is a delightful surprise. I’m very happy that my work could be reused.
I attached Dr. Kluge’s new script here, hopefully it will benefit more people.